The Angels' Wives are partnering with the OC Animal Care Center to host the fifth annual Angels for Animals night at the Big "A" this Friday, August 17th. Fans are invited to join the Angels' Wives at the Home Plate Gate in an effort to raise awareness for animal adoption and the importance of spaying and neutering pets.
From 5:00 PM through the second inning* (7:05 PM start time), the Angels' Wives will sell $40 mystery bags containing a baseball signed by an Angels player or coach as well as $5 raffle tickets to win other autographed items. There will be a two bag limit per person, while supplies last.
Fans will also have the chance to meet many of the animals currently available for adoption at the OC Animal Care Center in Orange.
For the second year in a row, 12 lucky fans who purchase a Mystery Bag will also win a VIP Pass to meet Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick before the September 12th game vs. the Oakland Athletics. They will also have the chance to watch the team take batting practice from behind the Angels Dugout and will receive two tickets to the night's game.
In addition to the event at the stadium, Angels fans everywhere have a chance to participate in the Angels for Animals online photo contest. The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5:00 PM with the winners announced on Wednesday.
Here's how to enter:
- Send a photo of your pet dressed in an Angels-themed costume to Register sports columnist Marcia C. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 5 p.m. deadline on Monday.
- With each photo, please include the pet's name, breed and age plus the owner's name, city of residence and a contact phone number.
- Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick will select two winners.
- Each winner will receive the following:
- Prize basket prepared Howard and Jody Kendrick and loaded with pet-friendly accessories and items, including several autographed by the 2011 All-Star.
- Two tickets to the Aug. 17 Angels game against Tampa Bay;
- Photo displayed on the giant Angel Stadium video board during that game's pre-game ceremony.
- About Angels for Animals
In 2008, Jody Kendrick, wife of Angels second baseman Howard Kendrick, spearheaded the inaugural Angels for Animals fundraiser. Annually hosted by the Angels Wives and the Angels Baseball Foundation, the event aims to raise awareness for animal adoption and the importance of spaying and neutering pets. Since 2008, Angels for Animals has raised over $80,000 for local animal shelters and the Angels Baseball Foundation.
For more information, visit angels.com/community.