• Reliever Kevin Jepsen hasn't pitched since last Saturday because of tightness in his triceps muscle. Scioscia said it's "nothing to be concerned about" and that it's "getting much better." He expects Jepsen to pitch again this coming week.
• Mitch Stetter, who put up a 4.08 ERA in 132 appearances for the Brewers from 2007-11, is slated to make his spring debut on Sunday. Stetter, 32, mainly a lefty specialist, was obtained on a Minor League deal, but had been rehabbing from a bulging disk in his back.
• Hank Conger's left hand cramped up on him while warming up pitcher Kevin Johnson to start the bottom of the fifth, prompting him to leave the game. The switch-hitting catcher is day-to-day.
• Before Saturday's game, the Angels reassigned starting pitcher Billy Buckner, relief pitcher Robert Coello and outfielder Trent Oeltjen to Minor League camp. The moves leave them with 44 players in Spring Training.
• Long reliever Jerome Williams pitched against Giants Triple-A hitters Saturday in Scottsdale, Ariz., to get his work in, giving up one unearned run in five innings and throwing 51 pitches. His next turn will probably come against the Rangers in Surprise, Ariz., on Thursday night, with Jered Weaver pitching in a Minor League game earlier that day.
Alden Gonzalez is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Gonzo and "The Show", and follow him on Twitter @Alden_Gonzalez. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.