The Angels return home for a six-game homestand beginning with a three-game set against the Houston Astros tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. The 10th homestand of the season concludes Wednesday, August 21st after a three-game series against the Cleveland Indians (Monday, August 19 – Wednesday, August 21). Below is a look at the promotions and notable events & ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand.
- On Friday, August 16th, Queen Tribute Band, Queen Nation will take over the Big A for 80’s Night while Beatles Tribute Band, Rain, will take the stage on Saturday, August 17th for 60’s Night as part of Flashback Weekend’s post-game concerts presented by TOTAL Performance Engine Oils and Budweiser.
- As part of Flashback Weekend, the Angels will wear their 1989 throwback uniforms on August 16th and 1961-65 throwback uniforms on August 17th.
- Friday, August 16th is also the 11th Big Bang Friday of the season at Angel Stadium presented by Wells Fargo. At the conclusion of the game, fans are invited to stay and enjoy a spectacular fireworks display.
- Live Music in the Garden, presented by Budweiser, will also continue this homestand with Nick & The Bear performing from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. at the Gate One Music Garden before Friday night’s game.
- Sunday, August 18th is another Family Sunday presented by Denny’s. Families are invited to take part in the fun and activities at the Family Sunday area located beneath the Right Field Pavilion. As part of Denny’s Family Sundays, children ages 5-12 are welcome down to the field after the game to run the bases, which is presented by Pizza Hut.
- Friends & Family Fun Packs will continue to be offered for all six games as a combination ticket and concession package. Angels Friends & Family Packs are only $59 in View All-Star, Lower View Box, Right Field Pavilion and Right Field Pavilion Wheelchair seating areas. The package is also available for $44 in Upper View. Friends & Family Packs include four tickets, four hot dogs and four small soft drinks and are available for purchase at angels.com and at the Angel Stadium ticket windows.
NOTABLE EVENTS & CEREMONIES
- Throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Friday, August 16th will be 2013 Miss California pageant winner Mabelynn Capeluj. Capeluj, 21, also finished in the top 15 at the Miss USA pageant in June and currently studies broadcast journalism at Chapman University in Orange, Calif.
- Also on August 16th, the Angels, Goodwill of Orange County and Discovery Science Center are teaming up for The 2013 Eco-Challenge Triple Play. Fans are invited to pack three bags of reusable clothing to donate at Angel Stadium. The first 250 donations will receive two general admission tickets to Discovery Science Center, an Angels Koozie and a tax-deductible receipt from Goodwill.